Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How to Block Facebook Event Invites from Certain Users

Are you getting spammed by club promoters, bands and other Facebook accounts? I often get several facebook event invitations a day, most of which I have no interest attending. I'd say 90% of those invites all come from about 10% of my friends on Facebook. In the past, I've gone as far as defriending someone to save my inbox from the constant bombardment of their requests, but I finally decided to dig through Facebook's settings to find a way to block any particular user from sending me an invitation to their facebook event.


It's actually pretty easy, you just have to know where to click...

Step 1. In the upper right hand corner of Facebook, click on Account, then click Privacy Settings.



Step 2. At the bottom of the Privacy Settings, click Block Lists.




Step 3. Scroll down to find Block event invites. Fill in the names of users you want to block from sending you Facebook event invitations.



Likewise, on this same page, you can block users from sending you app invites or block users altogether if you don't want them to find you on Facebook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment