Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolving Facebook.Web assembly error in web.config

I've recently been doing a lot of work with the Facebook SDK Toolkit and found myself with an issue when I uploaded a parent site up to my GoDaddy account.

I have a domain with several folders that host other sites, configured as application roots, but when I uploaded my facebook integrated site to the parent domain, each of the folder sites began experiencing server errors despite being marked as an application root: Could not load file or assembly 'Facebook.Web' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I did some research and came up bare, but I was able to figure out the issue myself. I track the bug down to a line in my web.config file:
<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*"
path="facebookredirect.axd"
type="Facebook.Web.FacebookAppRedirectHttpHandler, Facebook.Web" />
</httpHandlers>

This line came from the samples provided with the toolkit, but it appears to be unnecessary for my site's needs, so I just took it out. Everything seems to be working fine now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment